Skip to main content

In an effort to help aspiring lawful permanent residents or “green card” holders to become U.S. citizens and also improving customer service, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has announced that the filing fee for Form N-400 can be paid by credit card effective September 19, 2015.  Applicants filing Form N-400, can pay N-400 fee with credit card.

Acceptable Credit Cards

You may use Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. You may also use gift cards with Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover logos.  If you choose to pay N-400 fee with credit card or gift card, you must pay the entire fee using a single card. Please ensure the credit card or gift card has enough money to cover the fee. 

How to Pay N-400 Fee with Credit Card

  1. Complete form G-1450.
  2. Place it on top of your N-400 application.
  3. Mail your application package to the correct address 

Multiple/Combined Applications

You must pay N-400 fee with credit card for each application using a single payment method. Do not combine methods of payment. If paying by credit card, you must submit one Form G-1450 with each application you submit.

USCIS will use the Department of Treasury Collections Control Panel (CCP) service to process your payment. CCP is a web-based application that allows government agencies to process debit or credit card payments.  USCIS will destroy your Form G-1450, regardless if your application is accepted or rejected.

For more information, email or call 1-877-GAIL-LAW or 407-292-7730.

FREE in-office consultation – FREE Live Chat

Copyright © 2015, Law Offices of Gail S. Seeram. All Rights Reserved.