Skip to main content

You should renew green card if you are a permanent resident with a card valid for 10 years and the card is either expired or will expire within the next 6 months.

If you are outside the United States and your green card will expire within 6 months (but you will return within 1 year of your departure from the United States and before the card expires), you should file for your renewal card as soon as you return to the United States.

If you have a previous version of the alien registration card or lost your green card, then you must replace it with a current green card.