Skip to main content
There are unusual delays in the processing of Form I-751, filed by conditional residents who have a two year green card because their marriage to a U.S. citizen was less than two years when they got approved for their green card. Form I-751 must be filed before two year green card expires with supporting evidence of the good-faith marriage. USCIS is extending the validity of Permanent Resident Cards (also known as Green Cards) for petitioners who properly file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence for 48 months beyond the card’s expiration date. This change started on January 25, 2023 for Form I-751.

We are making this change to accommodate current processing times for Form I-751 which have increased over the past year. USCIS has updated the language on Form I-751 receipt notices to extend the validity of a Green Card for 48 months for individuals with a newly filed Form I-751. We will issue new receipt notices to eligible conditional permanent residents who previously received notices with an extension shorter than 48 months and whose cases are still pending. These receipt notices can be presented with an expired Green Card as evidence of continued status, while the case remains pending with USCIS. By presenting your updated receipt notice with your expired Green Card, you remain authorized to work and travel for 48 months from the expiration date on the front of your expired Green Card.

For more information on Form I-751 Extended to 48 Months,
text/call 407-292-7730 | whatsapp 407-353-1363 |email
FREE consultation – Book consultation:
Copyright © 2023, Law Offices of Gail S. Seeram. All Rights Reserved.

Leave a Reply