In the Community:
The Law Offices of Gail S. Seeram participates in a variety of community outreach projects, volunteers free pro-bono services and assist with sponsorship and monetary donations.
- Radio Correspondent, “ImmigrationINFO” WOTS 1220AM Saturday 4:00pm-4:30pm
- Radio Correspondent, “ImmigrationINFO” WLAA 1600AM Sunday 12:30pm-12:45pm
- Panelist/Organizer, Know Your Rights Forum, Soiree Event & Conference Center, 2012
- Discussion Leader/Panelist, “Practicing Before DHS – Updates & Tips”, Central FL American Immigration Lawyer’s Association Seminar, Clearwater Beach FL, October 2011
- Discussion Leader/Panelist, “Update on Padilla v. Kentucky”, Central FL American Immigration Lawyer’s Association Seminar, Clearwater Beach FL, October 2010
- Chair, Orange County Sheriff Advisory Committee, 2010 – Present
- Chair, Orange County Children & Family Services Board, 2008-2010
- Site Coordinator & Volunteer, AILA Citizenship Day at Hope Community Center, Apopka, FL, 2009
- Gold Sponsor, Guyana Family Fun Day 2010
- Volunteer Mentor, Shri Surya Narayan Mandir, 2009-Present
- Member, Florida Immigrant Coalition, 2008 – Present
- Chairman of the Board of Directors (2005-2006), Parliamentarian (2007-2008), Guyanese American Cultural Association of Central Florida
- Council President (2010-2011), Council Vice-President (2009-2010), St. Stephen Lutheran Church
- Volunteer, Haitian Timoun Foundation, 2008 – Present
- Volunteer, Homeless Coalition, Orlando, FL 2007 – 2011
- Panelist, Know Your Rights Forum, University of Central Florida,November 2008
- Panelist, American Civil Liberties Union-Orlando, FL “Know Your Rights” Forum, October 2008
- Panelist, Florida Caribbean Student Association 33 rd Bi-Annual Conference, University of Central Florida, November 2007
- Panelist, Caribbean American Business Expo, Orlando, FL, June 2006, June 2009
- Coordinator, Caribbean Bar Association Central FL Chapter Community Citizenship Drive, April 2007, August 2006
- Judge, Indian Horizon of Florida Miss. Diwali Contest, 2006-2007
- Competition Coordinator, Central Florida Duck Curry Duck Contest presented by Vani’s Triple Star Productions, 2006-Present
The Law Offices of Gail S. Seeram writes on a weekly and monthly basis for several newspapers and magazines on immigration related topics:
- Immigration Columnist, Kaieteur Newspaper, 2010 – Present
- Immigration Columnist, Caribbean American Passport Newspaper, 2011 – Present
- Immigration Columnist, Caribbean Sun Newspaper, 2004 – 2011
- Immigration Columnist, Indo Caribbean Times, 2011-2012
- Immigration Columnist, Khaas Baat, 2007 – 2010
- Immigration Columnist, Karibbean Under One, 2008 – 2009
- Journal of MultiState Taxation and Incentives, “Can Local Tax Authorities Make Adjustments to Income in a Federally Tax-Free Reorganization”, September 2003
The Law Offices of Gail S. Seeram has been quoted in several media articles and has been recognized for her expertise in the area of immigration law.
- Orlando Sentinel, March 23, 2010, “Haiti orphans help rebuild schools through dance”: Quoted on her efforts in planning an upcoming fundraising event to benefit children in Haiti.
- Orlando Sentinel, October 14, 2009, “Rifqa ordered back to Ohio; is she in U.S. illegally?”: Quoted on possible immigration status of Rifqa Bary.
- Orlando Sentinel, September 29, 2008, “If you’re married, try answering these questions”: Quoted on advise she would give clients facing an adjustment of status interview.
- Orlando Sentinel, May 23, 2008, “Muslims immigrants sue CIS for delay in citizenship process”: Quoted on her experience with the delayed FBI background check.
- Orlando Sentinel, August 10, 2007, “Immigration Law Migrates to Orlando”: Quoted on her view of the expanding practice of immigration law.
- Orlando Sentinel, June 17, 2007, “Q&A: Gail Seeram, Immigration Lawyer”: Interviewed, photographed and quoted on her background and experience in immigration law.
- Orlando Sentinel, May 30, 2007, “Immigrants Face Huge Fee Increases”: Quoted on the proposed immigration fee increase effective July 30, 2007.
- Orlando Sentinel, March 10, 2006, “Orlando Office Cuts Backlog on Immigration”: Quoted on her view of the immigration backlog.
- Orlando Sentinel, February 27, 2005, “Consuls Discuss Caribbean”: Quoted on her involvement in a town hall meeting with the CARICOM Consul Generals of Florida.