I’ve Been Granted Work Authorization in The USA. Can My Spouse Work?

Congratulations! We are pleased to hear about your work authorization. My Orlando Immigration Attorney serves Orlando and Central Florida cases. We can advise you on the requirements for your spouse to work in the United States.

Who Is Authorized to Work in the United States?

U.S. employers must ensure all their hires, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are authorized to work in the United States.

Lawful permanent residents are authorized to work in the U.S. since their Green Card is evidence of their employment authorization. People who have a nonimmigrant visa that authorizes them to work for a specific employer have their H-1B, L-1B, O, or P visa as evidence of employment authorization.

Asylums, Refugee, and nonimmigrants must apply for an Employment Authorization Document to be able to work (more…)

H1B Visa – Immigration Law


The H1B visa is a temporary work permit that allows a foreign national to work in the United States for a temporary period. It is available for offers of employment that are in a specialty occupation that require theoretical or practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, including, but not limited to: scientists, engineers, or computer programmers.  A person may hold H1B visa status for a maximum of six years, and it may be issued in increments of up to three years by the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services. An employee may receive extensions (more…)