Gail S. Seeram is one of the most experienced Immigration Attorney in the Orlando, Florida area. She has been in private practice for 13 years and practicing law for 16 years. Her practice is limited to immigration law with a concentration on cases involving individuals with criminal records, family-based immigration, deportation defense and waivers/appeals. She handles more than 200 cases per year involving adjustment of status in the U.S., visa applications before consulates, naturalization and affirmative INA §212(c) waivers, and representation of clients before the immigration courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals.
Mrs. Seeram is a past-president of the American Immigration Lawyer’s Association (AILA) Central Florida Chapter and currently chairs the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Liaison Committee and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Committee. As liaison, she works with ICE supervisors and USCIS supervisors on policies and issues that affect immigrants and their attorneys in the Central Florida area. These are elected positions where she was chosen by her peers to serve and represent the best interest of local immigration attorney and their clients.
In addition, Mrs. Seeram chairs the Caribbean American Advisory Committee of the Orange County Sheriff Office, and has organized over a dozen community forums to educate citizens on their rights. She is the former chair of the Orange County Children and Family Services Board, assisting in issues that affect foster and delinquent minors. Also, she continues to partner with organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union and local business chambers to speak on immigration issues that impact the community. Lastly, she is the founder and executive director of the GAIL Foundation (www.GailFoundation.org) that helps children in need by building playground equipment for orphanages in third world countries.
Upon her graduation from law school, Mrs. Seeram was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in May 1999 and the New York State Bar in June 2000. In August 1999, she worked as a Senior Attorney with PricewaterhouseCoopers located in New York, New York. In 2003, Mrs. Seeram decided to focus on establishing her own law firm. Headquartered in Orlando, Florida, USA, the Law Offices of Gail S. Seeram, P.C. strives to provide effective, efficient and quality immigration legal services to all clients.
On a personal note, Mrs. Seeram was born in Guyana and is a naturalized U.S. citizen. She can appreciate and understand the personal and legal challenges faced by those seeking to call the United States home. She has been married for 13 years and has a son, age 5, and a daughter, age 2. She enjoys trying new food recipes, gardening, and handprint art and crafts with her children.
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University School of Law, 2003
- Juris Doctorate, Hofstra University School of Law, 1999
- B.B.A. in Accounting, Hofstra University, 1996
- President, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, 2011-2013
- Vice-President, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, 2009-2011
- Orlando Regional Vice-Chair, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, 2014-2016
- Secretary, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, 2008-2009
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Central Florida Chapter, 2004 – Present
- Vice President, Secretary/Treasurer, Caribbean Bar Association Central FL Chapter
- Contributor, American Civil Liberties Union-Central FL Region
- Member, Caribbean American Chamber of Central Florida
- “Outstanding Contribution to the Chapter” presented by the American Immigration Lawyers Association of Central Florida, 2009-2010
- Adjunct Professor, Queens College, Flushing, NY (2003-2004)
- Senior Legal Attorney, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, New York, NY (1999-2003)
- Estate & Tax Law Intern, Brosnan & Hegler, Garden City, NY (1998)
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Stan Bernstein, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, E.D.N.Y., Westbury, NY (1998)
- Bankruptcy Legal Intern, Craig Robins, Garden City, NY (1997)
- Accounting Intern, Martin Geller, CPA, New York, NY (1993-1995)